The Norwegian evening screened the stirring film Bravehearts (Til ungdommen), a documentary that follows four socially engaged youth inspired to bring change to their society, but find their reality rocked by the fateful events of the attacks on 22 July 2011. The film speaks at the very heart of the theme, and captures how a whole country unites behind them. The Danish evening screened Cirkusdynastiet and the Swedish evening Trevligt folk, both highlighting different dimensions of this year’s theme.
Inspired by the Nordic films and the screening of the widely acclaimed Tanzanian short film Shoeshine on the final evening, the festival concluded in a thought-provoking panel discussion that stirred a great debate on defining the role of youth in Tanzanian society. Over 150 participated in the final evening, which marked the grand finale of this year’s successful festival.
The Norwegian Ambassador to Tanzania, Ms. Hanne-Marie Kaarstad, adressed the evening on behalf of the Nordic Embassies.
The Panel Comprised of:
- Amabilis Batamula, Media Director Femina Hip
- Erasmi Leon, President Dar es Salaam University Student Organisation
- Reynald Maeda, United Nations Association’
- Edwin Bruno, CEO & Founder Smart Codes/Forbes Africa 30 under 30
- Priscilla Mlay, Filmmaker & Media Consultant
- Stella Vuzo, Information Officer United Nations Information Office
Shoeshine Film Director:
- Amil Shivji